For me, blogging is a great way of learning. I find writing tutorials to be a particularly good way of pushing myself. So two months back I set up a new blog named Yeah But Is It Swift? It’s a tutorial site aimed at those wanting to learn Swift. I don’t plan to post as frequently to it as I do with this blog. Instead I’m planning to post about six significantly sized tutorials over the next twelve months. Hopefully it’ll be a good resource for anyone who comes to this blog but wants to start dabbling in native iOS development.
The initial three or four tutorials that I’m writing are part of a guide that will get you up and running as quickly as possible. The first two of those tutorials are already live:
Part 1 covers the following:
- How to work with playgrounds
- The basics of the Swift programming language
- Grouping multiple values into a tuple
- How to work with optionals
- String fundamentals
- Control flow
While part 2 covers:
- More detail regarding strings
- How to work with arrays and dictionaries
- Control flow with while loops and the switch statement
- How to work with enumerations
I’m still undecided whether having a separate blog for these tutorials is a good idea or not. For the time being I’ll keep it separate but I may bring the articles directly into this one in the future. I’ll see how it goes. Anyway, let me know your thoughts and happy programming folks!