I don’t post enough about books on my blog, so here’s one for all you Flash developers out there interested in Facebook integration. Michael James William’s “Facebook Graph API Development with Flash” is a great introduction to the Facebook Graph API and definitely worth a read.
The book gets straight to the point and covers the following:
- Personalise your AS3 projects for your users by adding Facebook integration
- Grab information directly from Facebook into your applications by using Facebook’s Graph API
- Securely authenticate your users with OAuth 2.0 to log them into Facebook
- Access information about your users and their friends directly from Facebook
- Upload photographs, add wall posts, and create events through AS3
- Search on Facebook’s databases with the powerful Facebook Query Language
- Build an AS3 Facebook SDK that you can drop into any AS3 project to add Facebook integration
- Easily access both public and private Facebook data from the surface of a graph
So what the heck are you waiting for, head over to the Packt Publishing website and get yourself a copy.